Sparkling lights, glittering ornaments, and a table full of fatty goodies may be reasons to celebrate for people, but for pets, these things could be lethal.
The holiday scene, although warm and friendly, can be full of dangers for your dog or cat. Please keep this in mind to keep the season fun and safe for your cherished companions.
Tinsel from the tree, small ornaments and ribbon from presents can cause significant to life-threatening digestive problems when eaten, ranging from diarrhea to blockages and intestinal tears. This is true for cats and dogs, who admire the shiny decorations just like we do. If you decorate the upper branches of your tree, you are less likely to have problems.
Read the LENS section in Saturday's Record for more on this column by Julie Damron.